Conceived as an extension of Foundation Dacica, Dacica Guest House aims at developing cultural tourism in the area, and works to promote the cultural, historic and ethnographic patrimony in the zone of the Dacian fortresses, with the help of a team of experts in history and archeology, who develop programs dedicated to tourists.
Located within the perimeter of the Natural Park Grădiștea Muncelului – Cioclovina, close to the Dacian stronghold Piatra Roșie (a UNESCO monument) and in the vicinity of the other fortresses and Dacian dwellings in the Orăștiei mountains (Sarmisegetuza Regia, Costești-Cetățuie, Costeși-Blidaru, Fețele Albe), Dacica Guest House is the ideal place for an active, educational and restful holiday.
The history fan tourist will enrich his stay amidst nature by participating in our periodical events:
- guided visits to the archeological sites of the Dacian fortresses in Orăștiei mountains;
- mini-conferences and presentations on historical themes, followed by queries and debates delivered by experts, members or volunteers of Foundation Dacica,in our conference hall;
- projections of documentaries on historical themes;
- trips and off-road tours on trails less known by the general public, towards significant historical objectives and geographical points;
- practical activities of experimental archeology, particularly for children and youngsters.
Ioana, our chef, will cook traditional menus, and special gastronomic sessions will be held periodically, offering foods cooked according to ancient recipes. You will enjoy these so much more after a hiking trip to the natural objectives nearby and, after the meal, you can pick a book from our library and you can relax in a hammock cuddling one of the Foundation’s guarding cats.
Facilities: Free internet; Private parking; Garden, courtyard or green zone; 24-hour reception or key storage; TV in the rooms or the lounge; DVD players in the rooms or lounges; Towels and linen change; Central heating; Trampoline for children; Library; Hammock; Bikes for rent; Presentations and free guides to dacian cities; Summerkitchen.